What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Mailing or street address
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Next of kin
Under certain circumstances, KCA Site Services may need to collect sensitive information about you. This may include any information or opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information.
If we collect your sensitive information, we will do so only with your consent, if it is necessary to prevent a serious imminent threat to life or health, or as otherwise required or authorised by law, and we take appropriate measures to protect the security of this information.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- Interact with us over the phone
- Interact with us in person
- Interact with us online
- Participate in surveys or questionnaires
- Attend a KCA Site Services event
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor, or volunteer
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us
- Deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering
- Improve the quality of the services we offer
- Internal administrative purposes
- Marketing and research purposes
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our third-party service providers (for example, our IT providers)
- Our marketing providers
- Our professional services advisors
How do we protect your personal information?
KCA Site Services will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
- Having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records
- Taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you
- Having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, fire walls)
Retention of Your Personal Data